Have you thought about working for Vetspeed?
It is the people that make Vetspeed what it is and we are proud of the achievements of our staff. It is their dedication, hard work and commitment that ensures we are able to give our clients the best customer service possible.
We are also committed to the ongoing development of our staff, so much so that Vetspeed has been accredited with the Skills Pledge which demonstrates our commitment to do so.
Vetspeed's Company benefits are:
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Competitive Benefit Package
- Commitment to staff training and development
Job Title and Summary
Deadlines for Applications
Based at our site in Cambridge
Required to contribute to the smooth running of the Company, you will be working as part of our Operations team who deal with the provision of pet cremations and veterinary and specialist waste management services. The successful candidate must be a flexible team worker who is physically fit and able to undertake manual handling of heavy items. The ability to be empathetic and understanding with bereaved members of the public is also essential.
You will be responsible for helping the team with the following duties:
- Operating equipment and machinery to include incinerators, autoclaves and fork lift trucks (training will be provided for the successful candidate)
- Prioritising workload through incinerators to achieve the best balance of quality throughput and fuel usage
- To assist in the loading / unloading of vehicles
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the yard at all times
- To ensure all Company documentation and records are completed accurately and according to Company procedures
To become part of our small and friendly team you will have:
- A sympathetic approach when dealing with pets and their owners
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team, prioritise workload and multi task
- The ability to carry out instruction and meet deadlines
- Be hard working and enthusiastic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Working 48hrs per week on a rotating shift basis to include night shift (5 nights on a 4 week cycle), bank holiday working and Saturday mornings.
Closing date for applications is 16th October 2015.
Please forward your CV to Lynn Bourchier, Vetspeed Ltd, A505 Main Road, Thriplow Heath, Nr Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 7RR.
Vetspeed Ltd established in 1979, specialises in the provision of waste management services to the veterinary, animal health and welfare services.
16th October 2015
Permanent Full Time
Operations Night Shift Supervisor
Based at our Cambridge site, we have a vacancy for an Operations Night Shift Supervisor – 48 hr week. The successful candidate must be a flexible team worker; must be physically fit and able to undertake manual handling of heavy items.
Candidates for this role will ideally possess the following skills:
- Be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrable competence in supervising small teams
- Have the ability to motivate teams
- Have an understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Be adaptable and able to solve problems without affecting the process outcome
- Have the ability to operate a range of mobile plant and equipment
- Ensure detailed shift handovers are conducted and communicated effectively to aid a smooth transition of the workload from night to day staff
- Ensure that site Health & Safety is maintained at all times
- Day to Day supervision of workforce
- Ensure housekeeping is completed to maintain cleanliness and hygiene of the site at all times
- Ensure compliance with relevant waste management legislation and Company policies
- Ensure operational processes are carried out in accordance with the Working Plan
- Undertake inspections of plant, equipment and processes to manage and report potential issues and breakdowns
- The collection and monitoring of process data
- Organising material /waste flow through the facility to achieve maximum efficiency
- Follow laid down Operating Procedures at all times
- Check temperatures, air and material ratio to ensure optimum performance
- Report and record any issues / incidents
- Monitor staff performance, attendance and working hours
The role has a night shift element working 4 twelve hour night shifts on a continuous cycle from 18:00 pm to 06:00 am and will include working on public holidays. The role involves using various mobile plant and training will be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply for the position please send a covering letter together with a CV for the attention of:
A505 Main Road,
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
30th October 2015