Class 1 Driver
Our growing business provide pet cremation and specialist waste management services to our clients from four nationwide locations and we are looking to recruit a reliable, flexible, honest and hardworking trunk driver to transport goods between our Livingston and Cambridge Sites. The role will require 2 possibly 3 nights out per week, so the successful candidate must be comfortable with that. There will also be a requirement to work some Saturdays, which will be paid as overtime. With good customer & people skills, you will be an ambassador for our Company by which customers and the general public will judge us. You will be capable of driving Articulated vehicles, ensuring that all legislative requirements i.e. drivers hours and Company procedures are adhered to.
This is a full time permanent position working 48 hours per week Monday to Friday, with every other Saturday worked, which will be paid at overtime rate.
To become part of our friendly team you will be:
- Physically fit as this role will require heavy lifting
- Clean HGV 1 License
- Must be comfortable with up to 3 nights out per week, depending on work load
- Able to work within a team or as an individual, collecting animal cadavers, veterinary & clinical wastes
- Ideally have trunk experience
- Able to work every other weekend
- Have flexibility to change hours/days of working as per needs of the business
A full UK driving licence is required.
Preferred qualifications DQC (driver CPC), ADR dangerous goods licence (preferred but not essential) and Class 1 HGV Licence. Training will be provided for the right applicant.
What we will offer in return:
- 28 days holiday, increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 33 days
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Good overtime opportunities
- Long term career within an established and growing business
Vetspeed Ltd established in 1979, specialises in the provision of waste management services to the veterinary, animal health and welfare services.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter and CV to Lynn Bourchier.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (Including overtime)