Head of Customer Service and Veterinary Sales
Vetspeed Limited has been in the veterinary profession for 40 years supplying crematorium services through its CPC brand, and also operates a commercial brand, Novus Environmental. This role will be specific to the CPC function of the Company.
CPC currently operates from four sites across the UK, providing cremation services at each site to leading veterinary groups, independent veterinary practices and animal charities, being the leader in its sector. In addition to Cremation Services, CPC operates a one-stop solution for all waste types on behalf of veterinary practices. The Company works autonomously with its own team of Directors and forms part of the IVC group, Europe’s leading veterinary specialists.
CPC is growing and we need to bring together our support services such as our Veterinary Support Team and Cremation Services Team under one umbrella, headed by this new role.
CPC has a very busy and growing cremation department, which along with the veterinary support department, deal with day-to-day requirements of B2B, both online and over the phone. Additionally, CPC operates fully trained in-house bereavement representative teams throughout the country supporting clients that are 95% B2C.
It is preferred the successful candidate will operate from our Head Office site at Cambridge, although we are open to working from any location once the role has been developed, but essentially being at our Cambridge site for a minimum of 3 days per week.
The role will be supported by our team of Account Managers that support the sales and training functions to the veterinary profession, this team will report into this role.
The role itself will report on all aspects directly into the Group Director based at Cambridge, and work alongside the Operations and Finance Director to form good working relationships.
Key Points required
- The candidate should have good sales and organizational skills
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar management role, preferred
- Good Communicator
- Good IT knowledge
- Sound business knowledge of P&L workings
- Deliver budgetary requirements and forecasts
- Deliver monthly, quarterly reports to directors
- Attend management meetings and deliver overview of sales and service delivery
- Working with KPI’s
- Establish key relationships with senior members of the veterinary profession and veterinary groups
- Negotiate contracts, price adjustments to maximize profitability
- Be able to set up and deliver conference meetings with leaders of Veterinary groups
- Design and implement a sales strategy across the Veterinary Data Base
- Responsible for managing sales and service departments, and account managers of CPC
- Identify work patterns for growth for account managers
- Oversee create and manage training programs for your teams
- Lead a team to deliver aspects of upselling and cross selling
- Use CRM based system for tracking of all customers and team activities and targets with good housekeeping of data accuracy
- Coaching staff when needed to form a team environment
- Work with Directors on logistics and service plan for growth
- Work to deadlines
- Job Title: Head of Veterinary Sales and Customer Service
- Car or car expense in line with Company range of vehicles
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Your normal place of work will be the offices in Thriplow Heath Cambridge. However, you will also be required to travel to other sites within the Group for the proper performance of your duties.
- The employment is permanent.
Applying for Role
Send full CVs and details to, Ray.email@example.com