Required to contribute to the smooth running of the Company, you will be working as part of our Operations team who deal with the provision of pet cremations and specialist waste management services. The successful candidate must be a flexible team worker who is physically fit and able to undertake manual handling of heavy items. The role will involve occasional interaction with bereaved members of the public.
This role would suit an individual who has previous experience of working in an agricultural or general labouring environment.
You will be responsible for helping the team with the following duties:
- Operating waste processing equipment and machinery, including incinerators and autoclaves
- Operation of fork lift trucks and similar equipment (training to obtain the relevant qualification will be provided for the successful candidate)
- To assist in the loading / unloading of vehicles
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the yard at all times
- To ensure all Company documentation and records are completed accurately and according to Company procedures
To become part of our small and friendly team you will have:
- This role is on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, which includes both day and night shifts (06:00am – 18:00pm / 18:00pm – 06:00am). The successful candidate must be comfortable and able to work this shift pattern.
- A sympathetic approach when dealing with pets and their owners
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- The ability to carry out instruction and meet deadlines
- Be hard working and enthusiastic
- Be flexible and willing to do overtime as and where needed
- Be focussed on health and safety of themselves and others
- Verbal and written communication skills required to be able to complete Company documentation
What we will offer in return:
- 28 days holiday, increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 33 days
- Basic pay plus incentives such as night payments (Included in the salary package on offer)
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Good training, including technical training and qualifications
- Long term career within an established and growing business
This role is on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, which includes both day and night shifts (06:00am – 18:00pm / 18:00pm – 06:00am).
Vetspeed Ltd established in 1979, specialises in the provision of waste management services to the veterinary, animal health and welfare services.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and your CV to Lynn Bourchier.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,950 (Including night shift allowance + Overtime (Paid at a premium rate)