Our growing Company provide nationwide pet cremation and specialist waste management services to our clients from our four locations and we are looking to recruit reliable, flexible, honest and hardworking drivers based at our Cambridge site. With good customer & people skills you will be an ambassador for our Company by which customers and the general public will judge us. You will be capable of driving up to and including 3.5t vehicles ensuring that all legislative requirements i.e. drivers hours and Company procedures are adhered to.
This is a full time permanent position working 48 hours per week Monday to Friday, shift starting times will vary. Flexibility for occasional weekend working would be an advantage.
To become part of our friendly team as a van driver, you will be:
- Physically fit as this role will require manual handling and heavy lifting
- Able to work within a team or as an individual collecting animal cadavers, veterinary & clinical wastes
- Ideally have van driver multi drop/ collection
- Able to work afternoons/evening and willing to have occasional nights away.
- Have flexibility to change hours/days of working as per needs of the business
Preferred qualifications but not essential: DQC (driver CPC), ADR dangerous goods licence. Training will be provided for the right applicant.
What we will offer in return:
- 28 days holiday, increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 33 days
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite parking
- Long term career within an established family run business
Vetspeed Ltd established in 1979, specialises in the provision of waste management services to the veterinary, animal health and welfare services.
To apply for the role please send a covering letter and your CV to Lynn Bourchier.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 /year