Weekend Plant Maintenance Engineer
Vetspeed Ltd are looking to appoint a plant maintenance engineer to join our service and maintenance team based in Royston, Herts.
The contractual hours of the role are 40 hours per week and the shift pattern we are recruiting for is as follows:
Sunday – 06:00am – 16:30pm
Monday – 06:00am to 16:30pm
Tuesday – 06:00am to 16:30pm
Wednesday – 06:00am to 16:30pm
The successful candidate will be required to be on ‘out of hours’ call over the weekends should any breakdowns or maintenance be required.
The description of the role is as follows:
- Plan and undertake scheduled inspection of plant and equipment to a high standard
- Respond to breakdowns within a timely manner, including out of hours breakdowns
- Diagnose faults on plant and equipment
- Calibrate instrumentation to ensure that they are reporting accurate figures
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs of plant and equipment (Preventative maintenance)
- Obtain specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Support Chief engineer with record keeping of engineering related documents
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation at all times
- Support Chief engineer in in the creation and implementation of maintenance procedures
- Support Chief Engineer with stock management and purchasing of supplies and equipment.
Key skills and experience required as follows: –
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Team working skills
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to Lynn Bourchier.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £34,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year